Glaring Statistics of DUI repeat offences
Every state in the US has strict Driving Laws in place. Inspite of every effort taken by the government, the DUI offences are on the rise. Drunk driving results in a condition where both the driver and every other person on road are in high state of risk, leading to fatal accidents in extreme cases.
DUI repeat offences
Again, not just first time offences, even repeat offences are on the rise. Even after being through the rigorous Drunken Driving Law procedures and their penalties, drivers are not serious about the possible mishap and their dreadful consequences.
Statistics of DUI repeat offenders
- Statistics show that the possibility of a repeat offender involved in a fatal crash is about 1.4 times that of a first time offender. This only shows the irresponsible attitude and sorrowful state of affairs.
- It is also stated that one third of persons convicted under driving while intoxicated or driving under influence are repeat offenders.
- Only a few percent of fatal crashes involve persons with prior DUI convictions according to Fatality Analysis Reporting System.
- Studies in California figure out that close to 8% of people involved in fatal accidents are repeat offenders.
- Minnesota research shows a much higher percentage of repeat offenders involved in serious and fatal accidents.
- Studies show that a person previously convicted under impaired driving ability due to intoxication are 1.8 times more likely to be involved in fatal accidents than those who have no prior offence.
- It is also to be noted that 87%of those individuals found to be carrying a high BAC level of more than .10 are those with no prior DUI charge.
- Repeat offenders are 4 times more likely to be part of serious accidents among the high BAC level convicts.
- Atleast 1400 fatalities occurred every year that involved 1260 intoxicated drivers who were repeat offenders.